- Be genuine. Treating people the way you would prefer to be treated in any given situation still goes a long way and will gain lifelong clients – and friends.
- Surround yourself with people who are more successful than you. Ask those people to coffee and learn what has helped them succeed.
- Be an educator. The amount of noise in the marketplace is growing, as is the importance of strong connections within your network to build trust. Help clients see the pros and cons of online information aggregators such as Zillow and Realtor.com.
- Focus on personal connections. Invite clients to community meetings and events, and make introductions based on their needs and interests. Become the common link for people in your community.
- Meet people and promote your business in a way that comes naturally to you. This will help you come across as authentic and, in turn, gain more clients. If community events are your thing, go to them. If you prefer hosting events, do that. If you don’t like or don’t get results from cold calling, avoid it.
Read more about Moore’s approach to success through authenticity.