Dave and Vanessa Fauquier, a husband-and-wife team with RE/MAX Preferred Professionals in Bridgewater, New Jersey, are skilled at combining time-tested methods with the best aspects of today’s technology and social media. In fact, Dave is best known in real estate circles as the co-host of “Mobile Agent TV,” a YouTube sensation that offers industry insights on a monthly basis.
Here are 13 takeaways from the couple’s energetic “Listing Presentations with Wow!” session at the 2015 R4 Convention:
- Winning a listing often comes down to making an emotional connection with the clients.
- People do business with people they trust.
- The fundamentals are crucial: Be on time. Make eye contact. Focus on the sellers.
- A service mindset is critical.
- View the conversation from the clients’ perspective.
- Ask questions.
- Everything you say should help accomplish one of these three things: demonstrating your skills, displaying your values or providing valuable information to the sellers.
- Don’t just talk a big game about your marketing plan. Back it up with examples.
- Prezi software, which displays the presentation on an iPad, promotes interaction and makes a great impression.
- Show the sellers that you’ve done it before.
- Wait until the end to talk about price.
- Help the sellers understand key data.
- The bottom line: Be honest.