Sell your high-end homes fast with David Collins’ insights
By Deborah Kearns
David Collins knows a thing or two about making high-end properties stand out. The founder and owner of Real Marketing, Inc., which publishes The RE/MAX Collection magazine, has made it his life’s work to help real estate agents market and sell luxury homes for top dollar.
Here are some of his best luxury-home marketing tips:
- Create a professional mailer – branded with The RE/MAX Collection, of course – that is representative of your professionalism. This will be the first impression you give to a prospective client, so make it a great one!
- Evaluate the marketing used to sell other homes in the area, and find out what price the neighbors’ homes sold for. This is particularly important in the luxury realm, which tends to be more exclusive and competitive.
- Send out regular print market updates to homeowners in your target areas and include the updates in your listing presentations. RE/MAX agents say these pieces in particular have dramatically boosted their leads and luxury sales.
- Include a personalized call to action on all of your marketing materials. The call to action should include the seller’s name, a clear directive and your contact information.
- Sell your own expertise and knowledge, as well as that of the RE/MAX network. Your market updates and presentation materials should include a company validation that speaks to the power of using a RE/MAX agent and The RE/MAX Collection.
- Use past client testimonials in all of your marketing pieces. Testimonials are your most powerful allies in persuading prospective clients to choose you over other luxury agents.
- Ensure your marketing pieces exude sophistication on three levels: design, content and consistency. The luxury market is no place to cut corners. Invest in high-end photography and design, and provide relevant content that speaks to the discerning, affluent consumer. Above all, be consistent in your marketing so that your image and name stay top of mind.