Former NFL lineman Jason Whittle takes lessons he learned on the gridiron – persistence, focus and the power of setting goals – and puts them into practice as a top-producing Team Leader in Missouri. Here are his top tips:
1. Make time for face-to-face time. There’s no substitute for in-person meetings and phone calls. Referrals are still the best form of business out there, and you have to talk to your clients to get them.
2. Balance your life. Having a team helps me balance my work responsibilities and family life. Evaluate what’s important in your life and schedule time for it.
3. Make goals and a plan. The old saying, “If you shoot for nothing, you will hit it every time,” couldn’t be truer in football, in real estate and in life.
4. Do the little things right, too. If we focus on the little things the big things will follow, which goes hand-in-hand with No. 3.
5. Set yourself apart. Treat people right, never compromise and outwork everyone else.
6. Take care of yourself. Regular exercise and enough sleep is key. In the NFL, they used to call it a motor, and exercise and rest are how you keep that motor going.